Our call for volunteers for MAF 2019 is now open. If you’d like to volunteer submit the form below by Mon 23 Sept. We will inform successful applicants by Mon 30 Sept.
We need you to help make Manchester Animation Festival run smoothly! We are looking for people who are:
– Passionate about animation
– Completely reliable and free for at least three full shifts from 12 to 14 November 2019
– Are able to work well in a team and on their own, and driven to help make Manchester Animation Festival one of the best audience experiences in the UK
– Are over 18 years old
Manchester Animation Festival are unable to cover travel expenses to the festival.
– Being part of the team of one of the UK’s biggest animation events and gaining valuable work experience
– A chance to hear interesting and insightful talks from industry professionals and see new animated shorts and features
– Free entry to events/screenings with your volunteer pass
– A free t-shirt
– Experiencing a unique festival atmosphere, meeting others who love animation
You can apply for several different roles for Manchester Animation Festival:
– Volunteer – A general volunteer who helps the festival run smoothly, ushering, working on the delegate desk, overseeing events, mic running etc.
– Volunteer Team Leader – As well as doing the work of a volunteer above, you would oversee the schedule set by the Festival Coordinator ensuring everyone is where they are meant to be and all events are covered.
– Digital Volunteer (Photography) – We’re looking for photographers to cover a range of screenings, Q&As and events. You will create a selection of photographs to be used on the website, in social media, publications and promotions for the festival. You must have access to your own equipment.
– Digital Volunteer (Social Media) – A vital role that is overseen by our Social Media Coordinator helping us live tweet events, engage with audiences and document the festival on our social media channels.
– Guest Liaison Volunteer – As well as covering the volunteer role above you will be assisting the Jury and guests throughout the festival.